- On the Canary Blog you'll find tool reviews, step-by-steps, checklists, how-to's and inspirational case stories. In this post, you'll get links to all the case stories on the blog.
- Case Stories are about one organization and how it navigated a major change, to show you how your peers have tackled it.
- All case stories come from my personal experience, so you'll get practical, real-world, working insights in their context, that you can adapt to your situation.
Real Estate | Future Customer Profiling
- The client planned a 30-year investment and needed information about customer needs in this time period.
- Find out if this foresight method is for you.
Innovation to Prepare or Respond for Change
HighTech | Power of Timing
- The SME client faced competition from Big Tech but found ingenious ways to win the battle.
- Tips to circumvent intense competition that will work in any industry.
HighTech | Unlocked Potential
- The client learned how his organization could profit from the expert work within siloed teams, each working on a specific product-market combination.
- Inspiration to check your organization for the same opportunity.
Wholesale | Repositioning
- The client repositioned the organization as the innovative advocate for its customers and moved from just a player to the top 3 in its market.
- Inspiration to make your innovative positioning visible.
Hospitality | Yield Innovations
- The client faced a negative cashflow and did not have the financial power to buy marketshare or launch intensive advertising campaigns, but got away with innovation.
- Tips to pick and choose the innovation with the highest yield and the lowest cost.
Ways to Spark Engagement for Change & Foresight
Retail | Instilling Urgency
- The client used a super easy to organize but intense tool to break top team inertia and spark real change.
- Tips to make this solution your own.
Public Sector | Long Term Thinking
- Answers to a common question of lower-level managers: what can I do to convince our higher levels to pay attention and act on emerging disruption?
- Tips to change tactics.
Energy | Flow
- The ways you can let strategic discourse bubble up.
- Inspiration from the super exerienced.
Learnings From Suboptimal Strategies
Ten Year Overview | Lean Consequences
- The client had worked on getting the organization lean, but realized that accelerating digitization in its context required more.
- Tips to adjust Lean Management for Changing Environments.
Business Services | Demystifying Strategy
- The client hired an expensive big name from the consulting industry, only to find that his message did not resonate and had minimal effect.
- Tips to internalize strategy.
About the Canary
The Canary Blog is written for curious executives who are always working to improve their organization. It sings all kinds of foresight songs to help you spark your organization's change awareness.
Fresh Foresight Insights Directly in Your Inbox
Join Barbara's mailing list to receive her latest Canary and updates about her research into managerial foresight and blind spots.
I hate SPAM too, so know that I won't spam or have others spam you!