Why Weak Signals?
In a world of noise, the subtlest sounds often carry the most value.
Weak signals, often overlooked, are the harbingers of significant change. With my unique expertise, I help you detect, decipher, and deploy these signals, turning subtle hints into actionable strategies.More on weak signals
Unlock the Power of Cognitive Diversity
In the ever-evolving landscape of organizations, we find ourselves navigating a future that, truth be told, can never be fully predicted. While data, charts, and trends give us hints, they don't provide complete answers. We're making educated guesses.
The problem is the human limitation in processing all available information —we're naturally selective about what we internalize. This selectivity leads to blind spots that might seem small but can have profound implications on our strategies and decisions.
But what if one person's expertise could fill another's blind spot?
Embrace the power of diverse thinking: when unique viewpoints converge, we co-create a richer, clearer vision for tomorrow. Together, let's turn educated guesses into collective brilliance.More on team composition
For the Curious Executive
Change is inevitable. Embracing it with clarity, curiosity, and a well-informed strategy is a choice. Let's embark on this journey of discovery and innovation together, crafting a future that resonates with your ambition and vision.
What they say about my methods:
"You made me think of things I normally wouldn't think of."
What they say about discussions:
"Can you be a non-conformist critic? I'm fascinated by your work."
Futurist Barbara's purpose is to:
Turn Foresight Into Concrete Action Plans???
I won't deny that we must do the work: scanning, sense-making, and extrapolating.
But we will connect the work to current realities. Turn the conclusions into a strategic agenda and/or an innovation pipeline. And we will include a cross-functional team to help us.
We will have fun and quick success to showcase.
From day one, everyone involved will engage eagerly with the future performance of your organization. Yes, your organizational culture will open up to new insights and initiate new ideas as if it was the normalest thing.
But the best part is when I leave.
At that point, you will have the sources, the library, the charts, and the know-how to keep ahead. And it will only take quick and easy updates.
- So, if you want your action-oriented, current-issue-minded, yet super-ambitious team to up their performance to the next level;
- But don't want to:
- Get all excited by futurist presentations to smack back to normal the very next minute without looking back;
- Or take the futurist with you only to drown in seemingly irrelevant, wide-ranging, and repetitive discussions that lead to nothing;
- And feel the need to look ahead and keep your competitive edge fresh and relevant:
Your Organization in Safe Hands
Being in safe hands in foresight means you won't get predictions but develop the competency to reach your organization's goals in uncertain futures.
Competency = knowledge x practice
Why I am the one to help you build your foresight competency:
- 20+ years of making sense of organizational futures in all industries and company sizes.
- A Ph.D. in managerial blind spots from Delft University of Technology, one of the top universities in the world.
- Certified in higher education by Harvard University, Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning.
- A year-on-year average of 4 out of 5-star rating by students for interactivity, subject matter, and presentation since 2016.
If You Knew That Your Future Scenario Is Right...
...then nothing could stop you from rallying stakeholder support and making your next move.
Download my free ebook and double the robustness of your scenario.
Leave your details and get the ebook right now.Yes, get me the ebook